Wagamama states: “A vegan model of our cafe traditional. If you like spice, this is the dish for you.”
- 250g firm tofu, slash into 2.5cm cubes
- 150g jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 spring onions, topped and tailed
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 6 extended dried chillies, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sizing white onion, finely sliced
- 1 little crimson pepper, sliced into 2.5cm dice
- 1 tiny inexperienced pepper, sliced into 2.5cm dice
- 50g mangetout, topped and tailed
- 180ml firecracker sauce (see recipe beneath)
- ½ lime, minimize into 2 wedges
- ½ tsp shichimi powder
- a few drops of sesame oil
For the firecracker sauce
- 50ml yakitori sauce (see recipe under)
- 50ml oyster sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce
- 100ml sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dried chilli flakes, to flavor
- 6 tbsp runny honey or 3 tbsp agave syrup and 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
For the yakitori sauce
- 4 tbsp light-weight soy sauce
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sake
Get 6 of the spring onions, slice them in fifty percent lengthwise and minimize into 2.5cm parts.
Prepare dinner the rice in accordance to the packet guidance, then divide involving two serving plates and preserve heat.
Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or significant frying pan and prepare dinner the tofu until finally it turns golden brown on just about every aspect. Then increase the ginger and garlic pastes and dried chillies and give a swift stir, then increase the relaxation of the veggies and continue to keep stirring about a high heat. As soon as the tofu is warm, insert the firecracker sauce, toss and stir nicely.
Spoon the stir fry on to the plate and garnish with lime and the remaining spring onions, finely chopped. Sprinkle a minimal shichimi powder over the rice and complete with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Tip: For a tremendous-fast meal, you could invest in our Wagamama firecracker sauce from a grocery store to make this dish.
Will make 250ml
Spot all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium-small warmth, carry to the boil and then cut down the warmth to a simmer.
Prepare dinner for about 15–20 minutes until the sauce thickens to a syrup-like regularity. Add far more chilli flakes to taste. Serve promptly or transfer to an airtight jar and maintain in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Spot the mild soy sauce and sugar in a smaller saucepan and carefully simmer more than a minimal heat. Stir right up until the sugar dissolves and then keep on to simmer for about 5 minutes till the liquid starts to minimize and thicken.
Add the dim soy and sake, stir and go away to great. Possibly use promptly or transfer to an airtight container and retail outlet in the fridge. It need to maintain for quite a few weeks.
Wagamama Your Way: Fresh new, Flexible Recipes For Entire body And Intellect (£20, Kyle Books) is out now