Bistec Ranchero is a mouth-watering dish manufactured with sirloin steak, potatoes, and peppers in a marginally spicy tomato sauce. Provide this Mexican-influenced entree alongside tortillas or rice for the supreme effortless weeknight supper!
316 Calories25g CARBS11g Excess fat29g PROTEIN
Bistec Ranchero (Ranch Type Steak) Recipe
If you’re wanting for a healthful weeknight dinner that guarantees to impress your loved ones, then you need to have this Steak Ranchero in your lifetime. This Mexican-inspired recipe is designed with fork-tender sirloin, potatoes, onions, and peppers, all tossed in a flavorful tomato sauce. It’s wholesome, effortless to make, and unquestionably bursting with flavor.
Let us be serious, are there any meat enthusiasts out there who would not drool above the typical steak and potatoes combo? Consider of this delightful meal as the Mexican variation.
This dish can be prepared from start out to complete in less than 40 minutes earning it the best entree for weeknight meals and dinner functions alike.
I love serving it along with toppings like clean avocado, sliced jalapenos, and cilantro, then packing all the things into some heat tortillas. You could also provide it around rice, cauliflower rice, black beans, or refried beans.
This selfmade Steak Ranchero is a favourite in my home (even the women really like it!), so I know it’s heading to be a strike for you far too.
We also enjoy this dish with rooster, like in this Pollo Ranchero. And when we have friends, I usually provide it with these Frijoles Charros.
Bistec Ranchero Elements
To make this healthful weeknight meal, you will require the adhering to crucial elements:
- Sirloin steak. Steak is the main component of this typical Mexican dish. I choose to use lean sirloin steak, but flank steak or ribeye will also work nicely. Just make absolutely sure you slice the meat great and slender.
- Potatoes. You can use any kind of potatoes you like. I prefer Yukon gold or crimson potatoes.
- Onions and peppers. You will have to have an onion, along with poblano pepper and jalapeno pepper. These add tons of flavor to the dish but sense free to eliminate the jalapeno seeds for a lot less heat.
- Tomatoes. To sort the tomato base of this dish, I like to use a blend of fresh Roma tomatoes and canned tomato sauce. Come to feel absolutely free to insert canned diced tomatoes if you never have any clean tomatoes on hand.
- Spices. I like to retain points straightforward with salt, pepper, and cumin. If you want a minimal further flavor or warmth, truly feel free of charge to incorporate smoked paprika, chili powder, or cayenne pepper.
Recipe Strategies and Tips
Listed here are my major guidelines and tricks to support you make a mouth-watering dish:
- Change up the meat. Although you can switch up the reduce of beef you use to make this dish, you can also modify the variety of meat. Chicken thighs and pork tenderloin each perform wonderful as properly.
- Spice issues up. If the poblano and jalapeno peppers are not spicy plenty of for you, consider adding 1-2 chipotle peppers to the mix. You could also insert serrano peppers or very hot sauce.
- Incorporate much more veggies. Wanting for a veggie-packed meal? Sense free to increase some added greens like cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, or kale.
How to Serve Steak Ranchero
Regular Bistec Ranchero is served with warm, new tortillas and your favourite toppings. Nonetheless, this Mexican beef dish performs excellent with just about just about anything (or by alone). Not certain in which to commence? Right here are some of my preferred strategies to provide this dish:
- Stuffed into tortillas. This dish is ordinarily served with warm tortillas for a rationale. I appreciate stuffing Bistec Ranchero into some corn tortillas and topping them off with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro. Yum!
- Served over rice. A bowl of brown rice or quinoa is terrific for sopping up all the tasty juices in this dish. For a low-carb meal, attempt pairing this dish with my Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
- Loaded onto burrito bowls. Seeking for a balanced and delightful protein to major off your preferred burrito bowls? Effectively, you’re in luck. Serve Steak Ranchero atop a colourful bowl crammed with brown rice, beans, greens, and cheese for an quick and tasty meal.
- On leading of salads. Got a Mexican or Southwest-design salad in will need of a tiny protein? Feel me when I say Bistec Ranchero is the perfect way to complete it off. Some of my leading options contain this Southwest Quinoa Salad and this Black Bean and Corn Salad.
How to Shop Leftovers
Leftover Bistec Ranchero is fantastic for tacos, salads, wraps, bowls, or truly everything you are in the mood for. It is also excellent on its have for a protein-packed food!
To shop leftovers, allow them to interesting ahead of transferring them to an airtight storage container. Then, you can keep them in a single of two means:
- In the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- In the freezer for up to 3 months.
Often Asked Inquiries
In this article are the answers to some of the most commonly requested questions about this dish:
For this recipe, I suggest employing a lean sirloin steak. On the other hand, truly feel cost-free to use whatsoever slice of steak you choose. Flank steak, ribeye, and spherical steak all make great substitutes. Just decide on anything that will remain tender when it is cooked promptly.
Usually, this Mexican beef dish is tucked into heat tortillas and served in the same way to tacos. Numerous folks also major the dish with avocado or clean cilantro and provide beans and/or rice on the aspect. You can serve this dish any way you want!
Sure! This dish is built with straightforward, wholesome components like lean sirloin steak, greens, and aromatic spices. It’s free of additional sugar and artificial preservatives, packed with protein, and reasonably minimal in energy. As extended as you get pleasure from this dish in moderation, it is a beautifully wholesome dish to include to your common rotation
Absolutely! Swap in rooster breasts or hen thighs if you favor a rooster-based dish. It will also do the job with ground meat, thinly sliced pork, and even shrimp.