This Cinnamon Roll Bread is a soft, moist loaf of loveliness! Swirls of cinnamon crowned with a crunchy streusel topping, it’s great for breakfast, Easter, any time!
Cinnamon Swirl Sliced Loaf Cake
Get ready for a cinnamon explosion! This cinnamon swirl bread looks great, tastes amazing and will fill your house with the most heavenly scent! Great for novice and experienced bakers alike, this gorgeous cake delivers a perfectly balanced hit of cinnamon, all wrapped up in a moist and fluffy loaf.
It’s like your favorite homemade cinnamon rolls in every slice. You have to give it a try!
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Why not also try my English Muffin Breakfast Pizza and my Maple Syrup Granola.
Why You’ll Love This Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe:
- PACKED WITH CINNAMON: The loaf is loaded with cinnamon swirls and adorned with a crunchy, cinnamon streusel topping.
- VERSATILE: Make this cinnamon roll bread for breakfast, parties or dessert. Great as an Easter treat, sweet Christmas breakfast, or any special occasion.
- A CROWD PLEASER: Kids and adults will love this, you can even have the little ones help you make it.
With its mix of textures, from the moist cake loaf to the streusel topping, this is pure pleasure in every bite!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Bread
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients for the batter, then combine.
- Combine your cinnamon and sugar.
- Assemble your layered bread by pouring a layer of batter in a loaf pan then the cinnamon sugar, repeat.
- Combine your streusel topping ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 45-60 mins.
- Allow to cool, serve and enjoy!
Cinnamon Roll Loaf Ingredient Notes
- Flour: Gives the bread structure.
- Baking Powder: Helps the bread rise.
- Cinnamon: Can’t have cinnamon swirl bread without cinnamon!
- Eggs: Binds the bread together.
- Sugar: Sweetens the bread.
- Milk: Adds moisture. Feel free to use any kind of milk – dairy or nondairy.
- Oil: Adds richness. Swap half of the vegetable oil for mashed banana or applesauce if you prefer.
- Sour Cream: Lightens the bread and adds a delicious tang.
- Vanilla: Adds flavor.
- Butter: Helps the streusel come together and helps the top of the bread caramelize.
This quick bread has all the great flavor of cinnamon rolls without the hassle of yeast. The cinnamon swirls and streusel topping are reminiscent of cinnamon roll filling, and the sour cream-laced batter has that signature cinnamon roll tang.
This bread is done baking when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Use an equal amount of plain Greek yogurt or buttermilk.
While I haven’t tested it, try replacing the all-purpose flour with an equal amount of a 1:1 gluten free flour replacement (like Cup4Cup).
This easy loaf cake pairs well with a morning coffee (like this honey almond milk flat white), after dinner coffee, or glass of milk!
Store leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To freeze cinnamon roll bread, tightly wrap full loaves or individual slices in plastic wrap, place into an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Optional Icing for Cinnamon Roll Bread
For a little something extra, drizzle vanilla icing onto this cinnamon roll bread before serving! In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. For a thicker glaze, use less milk. For a thinner glaze, use more milk. To add a little extra tang, whisk in 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
This delicious cinnamon roll bread is made from kitchen staples and comes together so easily! Plus it’s so versatile, you can freeze it, top with some icing, have it for breakfast, a snack or dessert. You’ll find this such a usual addition to your cooking repertoire!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!