When it comes to convenience foods, the thought of combining the sweet flavours of lobster with traditional spaghetti, what is there not to like?
Pasta and seafood in a dish, now that is an ideal creation for Convenience Food Friday.
This delightful recipe combines sweet lobster with tomatoes and chilli to produce a dish that is ideal for you to curl up with on the sofa and delight in.
And, try to remember, if you have skipped any of our earlier recipes in this series you can locate them by clicking right here.
This year’s theme is innovation and there will be regional heats for eight months right before finals 7 days which culminates in the Banquet.
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 50ml butter
- 1 chilli (deseeded)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 5 substantial ripe tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 150ml white wine
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cooked Scottish lobsters (600g), meat removed
- Sliced spring onion or basil leaves for garnish
- Carry a substantial pan of salted drinking water to the boil and cook the pasta in accordance to the instructions on the packet.
- Though the pasta is cooking, finely dice the shallot, chilli and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and insert the onions, chilli, garlic and a small salt, cook dinner them until smooth (being very careful not to enable them get any color).
- When comfortable, insert the wine and bubble until eventually diminished by fifty percent.
- When it has lessened plenty of, increase the tomatoes and cook dinner for a couple of minutes. Then increase the lobster meat and carefully warmth by means of (be very careful not to prepare dinner for far too lengthy or the lobster will overcook – a few of minutes is enough to warm it through).
- Season with salt and freshly floor black pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked drain it (but make positive you maintain a tiny little bit of the cooking drinking water much too) and add to the sauce.
- Blend properly and provide garnished with basil or sliced spring onions and a drizzle of extremely fantastic high quality additional virgin olive oil.
Extra in this series …
Comfort and ease Food Friday: Make your individual tacky pasta and you are going to by no means buy it in once again
Consolation Meals Friday: Warm up on a chilly day with this tasty creamy pulled hen soup