Parmesan Zucchini Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4(1 cup servings)
Rice with loads of clean zucchini, parmesan and a splash of lemon!
- 1 tablespoon oil (or butter)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup rice (long grained)
- 2 cups water (or broth)
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to style
- Heat the oil in a significant saucepan more than medium warmth, incorporate the onion and cook right until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Increase the garlic and cook dinner until fragrant, about a minute.
- Include the rice and water, convey to a boil, decrease the warmth and simmer, lined, for 20 minutes.
- Mix the zucchini and parmesan in and allow the cheese melt.
- Increase the lemon juice, lemon zest and dill just before seasoning with salt and pepper to style.
Choice: Increase 1 pinch pink pepper flakes together with the garlic.
Solution: Use a unique herb, these types of as parsley, basil, cilantro, etcetera.
Option: Mix in a sliced eco-friendly onion along with the herb.