- Kosher salt
- 1 pound dried pasta, any shape you like
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted or unsalted butter
- 1 pound clean cremini mushrooms, sliced skinny (see note)
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Glug of dry marsala or white wine (optional)
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche or mascarpone, or hefty cream
- Handful chopped chives or parsley, to complete (optional)
- Grated parmesan or pecorino
Meanwhile, warmth your most significant sauté pan about significant warmth. As soon as sizzling, incorporate the olive oil and butter. The moment the butter has melted, include the mushrooms in as close to an even layer as achievable and really do not go them for about 3 minutes, till they’re browned beneath. Sprinkle with garlic and a excellent total of salt and pepper (seasoning is every thing in this article) and give them a stir. Cut down heat to medium-large and prepare dinner, stirring, until eventually the mushrooms are gentle and tender and any liquid expelled has cooked off, about 5 minutes. Increase the marsala and cook dinner, stirring, till it disappears. Taste the mushroom combination you want it extremely nicely-seasoned at this stage.
Add your drained pasta and half of the reserved pasta water and prepare dinner, stirring, right up until the pasta absorbs most of the liquid, adding more of the reserved pasta h2o if vital to preserve it a very little saucy, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the warmth and stir in the crème fraîche. [If using heavy cream, because it’s thinner, I’d cook it it onto the pasta for 30 to 60 seconds on the stove.] Adjust seasoning, if essential, and complete with chives and cheese. Consume ideal away.