Our 3rd guideline in the Ambitious Kitchen area Chicago Sequence is listed here! If you’re just tuning in, WELCOME. Abra and I are scouring the town for the greatest eats and treats all around. So considerably we put collectively the ideal sandwiches and the best salads in Chicago — be sure to stick to @AmbitiousKitchen on Instagram to see our entire guides and films.
Have any tips or varieties of foodstuff we really should explore? Depart a remark at the stop of this put up or on our Chicago Sequence Instagram posts.
Currently is all about cookies. We explored tons of distinctive bakeries and dining places to discover the best cookies in Chicago since honestly what is improved than a freshly baked cookie?! If you come about to dwell in Chicago, or are just traveling listed here for a couple days, be guaranteed to select just one of these up!
A few of these cookies have been our lengthy-time favorites (you will understand areas from our earlier guides!) and some are brand new to us. These destinations are best for using out-of-towners or just heading to get your cookie repair.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie from Hexe Coffee Co.: 2000 W. Diversey Pkwy
- Confetti Cookie & Iced Molasses Cookie from Sweet Mandy B’s: 1208 W Webster Ave. & 254 E Ontario St.
- Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie from Beatrix: 519 N Clark St. & 834 W Fulton Sector
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Summer time Household Santa Monica: 1954 N Halsted St.
- Big.Fat.Cookie from Large.Body fat.Cookie: 1030 N Hooker St. (moreover a lot of retail destinations!)
- Tahini Cookie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Sugar Moon Bakery: 3612 W Wrightwood Ave.
Hexe Coffee Co.
You probably acknowledge Hexe from our roundup of the ideal sandwiches in Chicago, for the reason that certainly, they really do it all more than there. They opened back again in 2019 and have these types of amazing espresso drinks, foodstuff merchandise, cocktails, and of system, cookies. Not to mention they have a large patio to get pleasure from when it *eventually* gets warmer here in Chicago.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie: I say this a ton with my vegan & gluten free baked merchandise (and it is true!) but when I say this astounding cookie does NOT style like it’s vegan or gluten totally free at all I actually mean it. It’s just one of my Absolute favorite cookies in Chicago. Also, it’s difficult to get a cookie that’s crispy on the exterior and chewy in the center when you’re baking with gluten no cost components, but Incredibly hot damn, did Hexe nail this a single. The flavors are unbelievable and every single bite has a slight crunch of toasty walnuts with little puddles of dim chocolate in just about every chunk. I Love THIS One SO SO Much.
Sweet Mandy B’s:
This lovable very little Lincoln Park bakery has been Abra’s most loved considering that in advance of she moved to the metropolis. Her higher education close friend utilized to get treatment deals with Sweet Mandy B’s cookies and Abra turned a ravenous cookie monster just about every time (her phrases, not mine). Moreover remarkable, large cookies they also have tasty cakes, cupcakes, bars, pies and much more. You can obtain flavors like cookie monster cupcakes, marshmallow desire brownies, and the very best oreo cake. You can simply buy for decide on-up or shipping and delivery for exclusive occasions, and they’ll customize the cakes!
- Confetti & Iced Molasses Cookies: all right, we couldn’t select just 1 cookie right here. Abra’s #1 preferred is the confetti cookie, which is a sugar cookie rolled in sprinkles. It may perhaps sound basic, but the flavor and comfortable, chewy texture is on place. If you like this 1 you Need to consider the iced sugar cookie, also — a sugar cookie topped with their famed buttercream frosting. Indulgent and mouth watering. I also individually Enjoy the iced molasses cookie, which is a gentle gingerbread-variety cookie topped with their white vanilla buttercream. It’s also completely smooth, deliciously spiced, and reminds me of my gingerbread oatmeal product pies.
Yes, our beloved Beatrix is again on this checklist mainly because not only are their salads, brunch products, and major dishes incredible, but their baked items are just as incredible! Whenever Abra and I arrive right here for lunch or brunch we often depart with at minimum 2 cookies every single. Be guaranteed to do the very same every time you strike up their River North, Fulton Sector or Oak Brook areas.
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie: we stopped in for lunch a couple of weeks ago to get this cookie mainly because it has been our beloved for years. It even motivated my own cookie recipe throughout cookie week a pair of a long time back! When we frequented for lunch they were being actually OUT of this cookie, so we tried the salted caramel in its place. Certainly, the salted caramel was also delightful, but nothing beats this wonderful butterscotch oatmeal cookie that has incredible crispy edges, sweet butterscotch, and an epic sprinkle of sea salt on top rated. SO Great. Of program, Tony and I arrived back again a several times later on for the reason that we had to showcase it in this manual.
Summer season Residence Santa Monica
We’re back in Lincoln Park (or California, who appreciates) at Summertime Household to cease by the dessert counter at the entrance of the restaurant. I hinted at their baked merchandise in our salad manual, and now they’re right here! Summer months Dwelling has anything from gingersnap and M&M cookies to sprinkle cookies and vegan snickerdoodles — all of which can be served with ice product if you’d like! They also have a renowned brown butter rice krispie deal with, and you know my really like for brown butter runs deep. Decide up a number of baked treats to check out immediately after a attractive lunch in their gorgeous cafe!
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie: omgggg, this cookie is rather considerably precisely what it seems like. Take a perfect soft chocolate chip cookie with hints of brown butter, caramel-like flavor and major it with big chunks of their incredible soft brown butter rice krispie deal with. Damn. The cookie itself tastes like it has brown butter baked appropriate into it, far too, so there is a biiig delicious brown butter explosion in each and every bite and I’m below for it. The rice krispie chunks on best are also comfortable and chewy instead of extremely crispy so the full things is just magical. You need this 1!
We’ve in fact witnessed these huge, ooey-gooey cookies all-around before but experienced never experimented with them! Linda Levinson started off her cookie baking endeavor in 2015 right after 25 many years of designing and production jewelry in Chicago and Rhode Island. Substantially like her jewellery, each individual Huge.Excess fat.Cookie is handmade, shaped, weighed, etc. in small batches to make certain that each and every cookie appears to be like as excellent as it tastes. They are just about every independently wrapped and occur in actually a single-of-a-form flavors like vanilla bean cookie with oreos, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips & rainbow M&M’s. Whoa. Not to mention, they seriously are huge (about 6 ounces!) We picked up two various types from Foxtrot Current market, and you can obtain them at your area Freshii, South Loop Markets, West Loop Marketplaces, Dom’s Industry, Epic Kitchens, and extra. They even ship nationwide and make these types of a great present.
- Big Fats Cookies: we popped into Foxtrot and picked out the chocolate cookie and the peanut butter cookie. For each the instructions on the offer (and on their web page) the cookies are ideal when reheated in the oven at 350 degrees F for a several minutes. The insides get deliciously gooey with chocolate while the outsides continue to be pleasant and crispy. These cookies are the top indulgence and we liked the pleasurable flavor additions. They are terrific for splitting in 50 percent (or even 4 items) and are also freezer-pleasant to love each time the sugar cravings hit.
Sugar Moon Bakery
I experienced been wanting to try out Sugar Moon Bakery at any time due to the fact it opened in the drop of 2021. The bakery started off out as a cake-focused store, but the operator, Dina Cimarusti, promptly recognized that there was a even bigger demand for other pastries in the Logan Sq. community. Although they are only open Friday via Sunday from 8am right until 2pm, and you will have to get there early and stand in line as they generally promote out hours just before closing time due to the fact the pastries are that phenomenal (and made in compact batches!) They make every thing from savory galettes with flavors like sweet potato, crimson onion, feta, egg & za’atar, to extraordinary cakes, scones, and of training course, cookies. Check out all of their offerings on Instagram. Dina also needs the bakery to be a area for artists to showcase their get the job done, other bakers to do popups, and to even educate young ones standard baking & cake decorating competencies in the community. A must-stop by location in Logan Sq.!
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie: this Tahini Queenie had to test out the well-known tahini chocolate chip cookie in this article. It was one particular of the greatest chocolate chip cookies I have ever experimented with in my lifestyle. 100% truly worth standing in line and I must inform you that I believe this could just be my complete favored bakery in the town. You Have to go here ASAP!