This asparagus and brie tart recipe makes the most of the brief asparagus season. The season begins towards the finish of April and lasts until finally June time. Acquire British where you can—they’ll flavor nicer and it can be a great deal far better for the atmosphere.
You will not require to be an sophisticated cook to endeavor these small tartlets. They’re genuinely uncomplicated but so outstanding. Perfect for a mild lunch or acquire on a picnic, they will flavor fantastic chilly also.
These tarts are also lovely with a delicate goats cheese or any cheese that holds up nicely to melting, if you do not have brie. You do not want just about anything also powerful though—let the flavour of the asparagus sing!
- Preheat an oven to 180C, Gas 4. Unroll the pastry, retaining it on the parchment paper, and divide into 4 squares.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and include a splash of milk, whisk together to make an egg wash. Applying a pastry brush, brush the 4 squares with the egg combination. Sprinkle the thyme leaves above the squares and then lay a slice of brie on top rated from one particular corner to the opposite. Period with salt and pepper. Place the asparagus on major of the Brie and then fold about the other corners of the pastry to satisfy on top rated of the asparagus so that it is now wrapped in pastry.
- Location the asparagus tarts on to the baking tray, leaving area between them. Brush the best of the tarts with much more egg wash. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 x 320g pack of completely ready rolled puff pastry
- 12 spears of asparagus, bottoms snapped off
- 120g Brie, reduce into 4 30g slices
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 egg
- Splash milk
- You will want: baking tray lined with parchment paper
Can I make these vegan?
These asparagus & brie tarts are quick to make vegan. Use a vegan puff pastry (this kind of as Jus-Rol), swap the brie for a vegan different (these as Shamembert) and use a plant dependent milk to brush on to the pastry instead of the egg and milk clean.
What can I provide with these asparagus and brie tarts?
These can be served on their have as canapés or as aspect of a greater lunch or evening meal unfold. Nevertheless, if you want them to be the key component of a meal, they could also be served with new inexperienced vegetables or a delightful inexperienced salad.